The team at Capital Benefit Services helps companies provide affordable, quality health insurance benefits to their employees and their families. And while having access to health care is a great benefit, there are small things you can do to make sure you are getting the most from your health insurance plan each time you see your doctor.
Whether in person or online, doctors typically spend about 10 to 15 minutes with each patient, so making the most of your time is important. When you communicate effectively with your doctor, you’ll help your doctor make wise decisions about your care in the short time they have with you.
Be a full partner in your health care by telling your doctor everything you think he or she needs to know. Patients who are frank and upfront are more likely to be satisfied with the care they receive.
Use this checklist to make sure you share all the facts your doctor needs to know:
- Your symptoms, even if they are embarrassing (keep in mind, your doctor has probably heard it before). If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your doctor before your appointment as they may have a special protocol for your visit.
- Recent changes in your health, diet, exercise, or lifestyle, such as stress, weight gain or weight loss, etc.
- Health conditions you have (or have had), such as allergies, diabetes, or high cholesterol.
- Other doctors or health care providers that have provided care for you recently.
- Any lab tests you’ve had in the past year (bring results with you to the appointment if you have them).
- Your family health history, such as whether anyone in your family has or had cancer, high blood pressure or any other illness.
- Medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements.
- Medication allergies.
- Recent illnesses or surgeries that you’ve had.
- Lifestyle choices that may affect your health, such as drinking, smoking, or drug use.
Being open and honest with your doctor is vital to receiving the care you need and making the most of the time you have with your healthcare provider.
If you are interested in learning more about how the team at Capital Benefit Services can help you and your employees contact us by phone at 425-641-8093.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Please seek the advice of a qualified medical professional before beginning or ending medical treatment or if you have questions regarding a medical condition.